Saturday, December 14, 2013

Seeing God's Plans

Yesterday I "lost" a friend, Irene, to cancer. While not BFF, I admired and enjoyed her company, mostly in all things Girl Scouts but also when we encountered at the store or July 4 parades where she faithfully marched with both the Girl Scouts AND the Stanford Marching Band, purple hair and all. While I believe her to be a woman of faith, her church was people and their care, not an intentional faith community.  She recognized stragglers who needed "another" mother and cared for them as for her own daughter. I know she is at peace with the Lord right now.

"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose...What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:28, 31


A Prayer for Discernment


Grant me, O Lord, to see everything now with new eyes, 

to discern and test the spirits
that help me read the signs of the times,
to relish the things that are yours, and to communicate
them to others.
Give me the clarity of understanding that you gave Ignatius.

--Pedro Arrupe, SJ.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home